Thursday, June 17, 2004

Civilization = Anchorage

Greetings from the Big City of Alaska, Anchorage. I couldn't find Internet access in the Interior of the state (Fairbanks or Denali), but the Captain Cook hotel here has a Business Center.

I took a Yoga class at the hotel last night. I was looking for some gentle stretching before the big run. Instead, I ended up in this class of flexible freaks who have been doing this for years, and they took pity on me. The instructor always looked at me when she was explaining the "cheats" you could do if you couldn't do the real movement. Even with the cheats, my inflexible old leg muscles were shaking! I was really worried that I'd rip a hamstring or something three days before the run. Now wouldn't THAT be embarassing!

I'm feeling ready for this run. I had a very good running season. I'm probably walking around a little too much before the race, but we've never been to AK before and want to see the sights. Yesterday I dragged the family to the excellent museum, and today we plan to drive down to Seward to see glaciers and hopefully some wildlife. We've kind of been skunked on the wildlife so far -- just a caribou in the distance and lots of up-close mosquitos.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?