Friday, June 11, 2004

Birds, Bunnies and Bliss

This morning I took my last long run (7.5 mile) before the marathon. I met Jamie at 6am at Rancho, and we ran the Rogue Valley - Upper Wildcat Canyon loop.

There were only a half dozen cars in the lot, the least crowded I've ever seen Rancho. Accordingly, the wildlife was out in abundance. We saw several deer in the meadows as we ran, and we there were rabbits along the trail for the length of our run. We also saw a good number of quail.

Coming down through Wildcat Canyon is one of my all-time favorite trails, and this morning it was exquisite. The air was crisp, and all was quiet except for the gurgling stream, birds singing, and the sound of our feet hitting the trail. This was heaven! What a great way to start the day.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?