Saturday, June 12, 2004

Does the Internet go to Alaska?

If not, this will be my last post before the marathon. I'll see if there is an Internet cafe or business center when I'm up there, though.

It's odd to be in the "taper period" before the big race. I'm running less, and it feels weird.

Thanks to my sponsors' generosity, my fundraising was a great success. Together we've raised over $7,500, exceeding the goal I set when beginning the season. We are supporting a great charity and helping to fight cancer. As a team, the local Summer Run team raised $565,759!

The weather forecast is looking good in Anchorage. Temperatures are 51-65 degrees, which is pretty good for running. You feel 20 degrees warmer while you run, so I'll be feeling like I'm in Hawaii! There is a 50% chance of precipitation. I wouldn't mind light rain, but a downpour would be a drag.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?