Thursday, June 10, 2004

Send Off Party

Tonight we had our Send Off Party for those of us running the Anchorage Marathon. It was in Foster City at 6pm, which required an absolutely hellacious commute from Santa Clara. I don't know how people can bear a commute like that every day.

The Send Off was a moving experience. We were told what to expect hour by hour, how to prepare the night before the race, and what to do when we arrive at the starting line (answer: get in line for the bathrooms!) We also saw a movie that had been made over the course of our season, with scenes of our long weekend runs and track workouts. It was very well done with inspirational music, and I've ordered my own copy to forever remember this season.

We also heard from 4-5 of our honorees, who spoke touchingly of their gratitude for our work and fundraising, and of the great things that The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society has done for them and their loved ones.

I saw some of my friends who had done the Rock and Roll Marathon last Sunday, and they looked very satisfied and proud. I can't wait for my chance! It's going to be exciting.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?